Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Update

Okay, I just got back from the doctor and here is the news. At 5PM tonight, I call Labour and Delivery and as long as half of Fredericton hasn't gone into labour, I am going in to have the jelly that softens my cervix and may even start contractions (cross your fingers for me). The doctor said to bring my bag but to most likely expect to go home for the night. My cervix has softened somewhat but not enough and the doctor said basically they need to be able to touch the top of the baby's head before they give me the Pitocin to actually start the contractions.

Most likely I will return to the hospital in the morning and if everything is soft enough, they will start the Pitocin which brings on the contractions. If it is not soft enough, then another dose of jelly to soften me up.

The doctor also talked to Iain and I about the possibility of having a C-Section due to the size of the baby. He said he wanted to try a vaginal birth but to be prepared due to the size-I just hope they don't make me go forever until I am exhausted then give me a C-Section.

Anyway, that is the news and if (more than likely, when) I come home tonight I will update if there is any progress.

Think of the three of us and keep your fingers crossed.

Hmmm...this is suddenly becoming a lot more real. Yikes!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

My fingers are crossed Kel! Can't wait to meet the new addition!