Sunday, August 26, 2007

Life With Baby After Two Weeks

Things That Are Going Well:
  • He slept from 11PM to 5:30AM last night without waking up!! It is the most uninterrupted sleep I have had in months. I felt wonderful this morning.
  • He only cries when he actually needs something.
  • He is adorable.
  • He is fun to dress up (I can't believe I didn't like dolls when I was little).
  • He is still breastfeeding relatively pain free (for me).
  • He is very interesting.
  • Baths in the sink.
  • He is taking a bottle of breast milk easily (4 times so far)
Things That Aren't So Fun:
  • Trying to get that elusive burp at 3:24AM, knowing that if you don't he will barf up all of your precious milk that you so generously gave him.
  • Sore nips.
  • Bum blasts that blow out of the top of his diaper, all the way up to his neck.
  • When he puts his feet in his shitty diapers as I am trying to change him.
  • When he pees on me. He does this all of the time.
  • Pumping.
  • How boring breast feeding can be at times.

Overall, we know we are very lucky to have such an easy going baby and we certainly are appreciative. Yesterday, we headed down to Alma (Fundy National Park) for an absolutely beautiful wedding and he survived the long car trip and the wedding without any meltdowns. As long as he is well fed, he is easy to take anywhere.

I think we will keep him.

No comments: