Friday, August 10, 2007

Update Number Three

If you can believe it, still no baby! Here is a quick update on the events of the last 2 days. Yesterday, I couldn't get in to Labour and Delivery until 1:30 because there were so many babies being born-obviously some people's children are anxious to meet their parents unlike my donkey who just wants to float around. All that morning I had contractions about 4-6 minutes apart and about 45 seconds long. I thought for sure things were on their way. Obviously not.

As soon as I got to the hospital and got all strapped in, everything stopped. My cervix had not thinned enough to start the Pitocin and all contractions ceased. They gave me some more jelly hoping to get the ball rolling. So, they kept me there until supper time, where I got to enjoy an oh so delicious egg salad sandwich and bowl of tomato soup, and told me to come back at 9PM.

At 9PM we headed back to the hospital-at this point we don't even bother with the pretense of lugging my bag up with us. My cervix was checked, still not thin enough, but the doctor was very hopeful that by the morning it would be. We headed home again. When I go to get in the car, I am so sore I think I am going to puke. My cervix has stuff in it that basically eats away at it and I have been prodded and swept so many times, it's sickening. I know it will be worse after I have the baby, but at least I will have a baby and not just a sore hole. Let's just say the drive to Lincoln seemed like eternity and every single bump was felt. Iain was wonderful, patient and very helpful. I love him (try not to puke over the grade 7 sentimentality, but he has been fantastic)!

I was so tired, sore and shaky that I passed out and had the best sleep I have had in months. So this morning, we headed back to the hospital at 8:30AM for another round. My cervix had still not thinned enough (what is it made out of, an old leather ball glove?!). This time I was given a tablet (and NOT orally) instead of the jelly. I stayed there and slept for a bit while they monitored me and now I am home again until 2:45PM, when I go back for potentially my 5th dose.

I am now 10 days overdue and Iain's birthday is tomorrow so it looks like he stands a chance of getting his birthday baby after all. If you had told me that on the 1st, I would have started crying.

Let's hope there is no update number 4, just pics of a wrinkled little newborn!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

BE STRONG KEL!!!
Iain is definitely going to have that birthday baby! Then you'll have to deal with one big birthday party on one day of the year instead of broken up over the course of the year.
Thinking of you often....