Monday, August 13, 2007

Technical Difficulties

the number you have reached has been disconnected.

la numero ca... blah blah blah...

grrr for all of you that have tried to reach us today, you have no doubt found out that our phone is disconnected! Perfect timing.... This is Iain writing this entry as Kelly is busy with the wee one.

The nurse came in around supper time today and told me that my mother was on the phone. Thinking something was really wrong I raced for the phone. She had tried calling my house, disconnected, cell phone, turned off, phone in Kelly's room, not hooked up. The army has been frantically trying to get ahold of me today and ended up calling her in Ontario. It wasn't actually a matter of national security or anything slightly important but it at least gave me the heads up that the "tentatively" booked switch to another phone company had taken place. Or part of it at least. Kelly had talked to a person from Rogers about switching to them for phone service, but had said that she needed to talk to me about it. "Fine", said the man from Rogers and he said that he would book a "tentative" appointment and call back to finalized the deal and confirm that we actually wanted Rogers home phone. I figured it would be best to just wait until Kelly was out of hospital and I got a chance to see how I can get the soccer package. Unfortunately the man from Rogers didn't phone back or email us or anything but also didn't cancel our order. So today Rogers phoned Aliant and told them to disconnect us, sent over a man to hook up our unwanted Rogers phone.... and found that I wasn't home! So he left without hooking us up and now we have no phone. Anyway after 2 hours on hold with both companies and of course with both companies blaming each other for the cock up things will hopefully be back to normal tomorrow... or the next day... or the next week... or whenever they feel like sorting it.

In other news Kelly is doing great, a little tired but great. Nathaniel is really starting to get the hang of this screaming thing, especially when he is hungry which seems to me to be every 10 minutes.

Thank you for all the cards, flowers, presents, congratulations, comments and well wishes we have received they are most appreciated.

Till next time,


Iain.


P.S. here's a shot of our nephew Karson with Nathaniel.

No comments: