Friday, August 10, 2007

Update Number Four

I said I didn't want to write update number four, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel with this one. When Iain and I returned to the hospital this afternoon for the fifth installment of cervix thinner, I was ready for a better solution. We are both tired and a bit mentally drained from the anticipation and the disappointment. When the doctor came in, he checked me out and there was no progress. He gave me one more dose of the stuff and said that he had me booked in for a C-section tomorrow morning.

I am now ten days overdue, nothing is progressing, the baby is not where it is supposed to be and I am tired, so I am okay with the C-section. Plus I am not exactly saddened by the thought of not experiencing labour-my hoo hoo has had enough fun in the last few days as it is.

So, I have to be at the DECH at 8AM and as long as there are not any emergencies, I should have my baby by lunch!

Keep posted for the pics and hope that I am not the 1:100 000 who gets paralyzed from the spinal block ( a little paranoid pregnancy humour for you).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YIHAAAA!!!! Baby's on his way!!!!!
I'm sooo excited for you and Iain. Can't wait to hear tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

oh my god!!! i thought my cervix was stubborn! Can't wait for the pics. You will be fine and believe me you aren't missing a bloody thing!!!!!!!!!!!! xx

Unknown said...

waiting very, very, very impatiently. Hope everything is going well. I've been thinking about you all day

Julia Hemsley said...

OMG....I have been waiting since Thursday for the news...no calls from Kristi or Andrea (and I couldn't remember this site's name to get the updates) so FINALLY I just got a call from Kristi. I'm so glad the little man finally is here..I hope you are getting as much rest as you can. This ordeal will make for some great writing material!! I can't wait to see some pictures...he is already half the size of my two year old for goodness sake and just the most adorable ever I hear!!!