Monday, September 3, 2007

Times Are Changing

Things I didn't plan on when having a baby:
  • my wonderful jelly filled excuse for a stomach/ gut flap decorated beautifully with an intricate design of custom made stretch marks.
  • breast feeding in exotic locales such as the parking lot of Dollarama, the parking lot of my school, restaurants, while I eat supper and the coolest of the cool, almost in Wal-Mart.
  • having a mock period for over three weeks.
  • wearing mesh panties for the first 5 days after giving birth and enjoying it. The first day we came home, I was sore and I was boiling hot so I walked around the house wearing nothing but my lovely mesh undies that reached up to under my boobs-Iain was really impressed by my new motherhood sense of style.
  • waking up in the hospital to someone spraying some sort of liquid on my butt to clean it and not being embarrassed.
  • waking up in the hospital to a nurse asking you to roll over and then sticking her finger up your ass to place a painkiller there (any reason why I couldn't have swallowed this?) and not caring slightly.
  • needing to wear 2 gigantic Sasquatch sized maxi pads plus a folded pad the size of a piece of bristol board.
  • how tiring it can be when your baby fake falls asleep 14 times in a row.
  • how insanely exhausting it is NEVER being away from your baby due to breastfeeding.
  • how weird pumping is.
  • thinking you are sweating profusely then realizing you are dripping profusely.
I could go on, but I feel better now.

1 comment:

Julia Hemsley said...

oh girl....my belly looks like it should belong to a 70 year old too. Madeline in fact just drew a picture of it today...not joking. She says...this is you..with your big belly??? How fair is that. I may have to blog that moment! HA! Love reading about everything!