Friday, November 23, 2007

Broken Back From Carrying A Small Mountain

This story took place a couple of weeks ago but I am reminded of it on a daily basis.

My little bundle of joy now weighs in at a hefty 17 pounds and lugging the chubster around all day is no small feat. I am okay on flat surfaces but going up and down the stairs makes me feel like a granny. Since Iain already has a bad back, I make him carry Nate up the stairs as much as possible...no sense in ruining the two of us. Plus I am reminded on a daily basis how much that lard ball has destroyed my body as it is i.e. stretch marks and National Geographic nipples.

Anyway, before I get carried off on a nipple rant, my back is sore for the first time in my life and it was never more apparent than a few weeks ago. Erinn and I ditched our infants for the night and went out for dinner and a movie. We seriously contemplated just parking at the Regent Mall and sleeping for 5 blissfully uninterrupted hours in my car but we thought we should at least eat.

At the end of the movie, Erinn scuttled down to the front of the movie theatre to retrieve her never opened $8 bottle of water she dropped and watched roll the length of the theatre as soon as she sat down while I started to stand up and get my jacket on. About a third of the way up, it felt like a donkey kicked me in the small of my back causing me to thump unceremoniously back in my seat. My back totally seized and I could not for the life of me stand up.

After a few frantic hisses at Erinn who was looking at me rather strangely as to why I seemed so interested in the credits to a Marky Mark movie, I told her I could not stand up which caused both of us to giggle hysterically. All I could picture was me strapped onto a stretcher and carried out of the mall which would be absolutely mortifying. After a few unhelpful proddings from Erinn, I managed to stagger out of the theatre and make it home safely but my back has been sore ever since.

Now I know how that little wooden man in the Robaxin commercials feels when the needle is jammed in him.

3 comments:

The Osbornes said...

ha! that was such a vivid picture, i'm killing myself laughing! ha!!!

Anonymous said...

i'd like to thank you for the endless entertainment you add to my life each time i open your blog to find a new posting!!
I hear ya on the niple and back thing. I make lou carry Finn up the stairs too, even though shes half the size of me and Finn is nearly as big as her...haha My knees are also killing...we are too old for this. See u soon xxx

Anonymous said...

oh and i almost forgot.... to address it accordingly - MRS KELLY AITKEN...