Sunday, November 11, 2007

Adventures on The Miramichi

We packed up and headed "upriver" to the village of Doaktown for a night of yapping, eating tons of excellent food and enjoying a few glasses of wine. It has been awhile since we had a girly getaway and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I even stayed up until an astonishing 1:30 in the morning-it must have been at least a year since I have stayed up that late.

We were laughing at how much we have all grown up and here were a few indicators:
  • we actually brought food with us-I remember one time Sarah D, Suzanne and I went camping in St. Andrews and all we brought to eat was a giant Tootsie Roll.
  • we didn't wake up hung over.
  • no one decided to have a "truthful and honest" drunken conversation with someone that ended in tears.
  • there were 2 babies with us and 4 more left at home.
  • my parents didn't warn me to be responsible or I wouldn't be allowed to use the camp again.
  • sleeping all afternoon to "recover" from 2 glasses of wine.
  • and, not sleeping well if you are not in your own bed, which makes us sound like old grammies.
I really enjoyed myself and thanks for a wonderful time, ladies!!

3 comments:

The Osbornes said...

Ha! love those bullets... too funny and so true! Thanks again for a great night. xo (love how Anna & Nathaniel are looking at eachother in that picture, too cute!)

Unknown said...

it was a great night indeed!!!! and yes, it looks like nate and anna are in love in that picture!!! :)

Julia Hemsley said...

aaawww...I'm jealous!! Glad you guys had a good time!!!