Monday, October 15, 2007

Puke

Last night I was laying on the couch, absentmindedly scratching Crosby's ears when I felt what I thought was a burdock. She had a few thousand burdocks stuck to her when she emerged black from the swamp the other day, so I tried to dislodge it but it wouldn't budge. So I sat up, parted the fur around her ear to get a better look, and the most disgusting thing greeted me (see picture below)- a tick, engorged with blood. After swallowing the puke that threatened to spill out of my mouth, I had to pull the thing off her ear with a pair of tweezers. After I was done, I looked up ticks on the internet to make sure I had done it properly and after about 5 minutes of looking at all these pictures of ticks, I felt nauseous. Barf. I even found a picture of one attached to a toddler's head. That almost made me panic but they are not like fleas, so the odds of having more than one was low. Needless to say, the animals got a thorough checking for any other suspicious lumps.

3 comments:

The Osbornes said...

GROSS, gross, gross!!!!

Unknown said...

F*@* that is disgusting!!!! i can't believe you had to touch that beast!!!!

Unknown said...

OMG!!!!!! That is NASTY!!!!!

Please tell me the one you took of Crosby didn't look like that....what is with it's backside?? Is that a tick that is "engorged"? shiiiiveerrr...yikes.