Sunday, October 21, 2007

Martha Madness

After a satisfyingly greasy breakfast with the Rowney's, I bought three pumpkins that were for sale in front of the restaurant. As we headed home, I had a strange sensation overcome me-I wanted to make a fall display with hay bales, gourds and the like. I tried to fight it, but I just really wanted to do it. It made me doubt who I really am, so instead of fighting that battle, I decided to just blame it on the post-pregnancy hormones (which I find is a convenient excuse for many of my new behaviours).

After a visit to the Country Pumpkin, where I personally feel I paid way to much for a bunch of dead grass tied up with string, I headed home to decorate. After, I was so pleased with myself, I thought we should take some pictures for posterity's sake. After all, this may never happen again.

If I start buying geese wearing bonnets to decorate my kitchen, someone please stop me.

No comments: