Sunday, April 6, 2008

Teething, Teething

Today, Nathaniel got his first tooth. Or maybe I should say, today Iain and I finally clued in he has one. He was leaning up against the couch and he let out a big laugh and I thought I saw two little chompers on the bottom. I stuck my finger in and felt the sharp corner of one. Then I wrestled with him for 5 minutes and finally held his hands down, pried his lips apart and poked his tongue out of the way to see what the hell was going on and there is indeed one tooth partially broken through and another one just on the verge.

We went outside and told Iain and we were both excited for this step but we both lamented that the gummy smile won't be around for much longer. I adore his toothless grins and I will miss them.

This might explain his obsession for chewing on the wooden hammer Jim made him all this week.

No comments: