Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Never Say Never

I never thought I would be impressed by a 1980's talk show host, but I was today when I watched a re-run of "The Hour". I love when people genuinely care about something because it seems to be a pretty rare thing at times.

George Stromboulop-a-whatever for Prime Minister, anyone? Maybe if we could get Rick Mercer, Justin Trudeau and George S to run in the next election, maybe we could get Canadians out to the polls and actually care. I think ol' Steve "The Robot" Harper is getting away with more than we think due to an apathetic main press and electorate. It was just a bit embarrassing that we voted for him once so hopefully we won't follow our American neighbours by doing the same dumb thing twice.

There is my rant for the day.

Watch the clip and think about some of the things Phil said. He doesn't say anything we haven't heard before but we need to be reminded so we keep on caring.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Interesting, thanks for sharing! Hope all is well, good to see you last weekend :)