Monday, January 7, 2008

Baby Claws

I hate baby fingernails and toenails for two reasons.

One, I absolutely cannot stand trimming them and wait until he starts to look like the curly nails guy in the Guinness Book Of World Records before I do it. I know you can chew them off but that grosses me out even though I often enjoy a little munch on my own digits. I have made Nate bleed twice and scream his head off numerous times due to a little pinch from the clippers. He is such a wimp.

The second reason I hate baby nails is because when he breastfeeds, he scratches my chest or digs his toenails into my stomach. It doesn't really hurt but it always reminds me of a little bat clinging on to it's mother Stellaluna style.

Today I had the pleasure of trimming 20 baby nails in one sitting/wrestling match. As annoying as it is, it is better than when I lived with Bad Grammy for a year and had to trim her inch thick hooves on a weekly basis. Her toenails were so thick I used to have to jump on the clippers to break through the nail. Perhaps that is a slight exaggeration, but not much. Thought I would leave you with that mental image.

2 comments:

Trish said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! You are seriously too funny Kel :)

Julia Hemsley said...

NICE!