Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Splish Splash

I have found relief...the swimming pool. We finally got our pool up and running this week and it has been wonderful!! The water is a bit cool so when I immerse my swollen feet and hands into it, I feel like a new woman. I also read that if you go into water that is at least 5 feet deep, the water pressure helps decrease any swelling also.

The cool water is lovely but best of all is getting a pool noodle and going in the deep end and floating aimlessly-no pressure on the joints and I actually feel light for the first time in months. I float until I have been eaten alive by mosquitoes or I am a prune. It cools me down for a good hour plus I guess there is the added benefit of exercise-floating does involve a lot of intense training.

I also went to the obstetrician yesterday where she gave me a lecture about not getting excited about going early, especially since this is my first pregnancy. Everyday I am convinced this is going to be it and I am only 38 weeks. I could go another month. Warning-if I go over, don't call me, I can hardly stand myself as it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best piece of advice i got - a little too late - was never tell anyone the exact due date. Just say the end of the month or whatever because once that day comes and goes...watch out!! Phone calls every 5 minutes- has he come yet, has he come yet. I was 2 weeks over so it was OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Heather Keats said...

I love reading your blog. I feel for you, the last few weeks are hell. I was obsessed with everyday being the day too. It doesn't help when other people around go early, it only gives you hope!

I have been thingking about you lots...can't wait for your next chapter to unfold!

xoheb

PS don't kill Iain in the next 2 weeks you are really going to need him when the baby arrives ;)