Monday, June 4, 2007

The Set-Up

Last week, a couple of us were hanging out in the halls at work, keeping our eyes on the demons, when one of the girls I work with mentioned going out for dinner this week. We have done this before, so I wasn't suspicious and willingly agreed. I sauntered into the Back Nine tonight, expecting to see 2 of my co-workers, not eight! For a woman who has precious little control of her bladder as it is, it was a surprise in more ways than one.

Once I settled in and my heart resumed it's normal beating, I was handed an envelope. It was signed by everyone on the grade 8 team and a few honorary members along with a totally unexpected and very generous gift certificate to the Co-op. I will be gleefully stocking up on more baby supplies on my next trip there. A big thank-you for coming out for dinner (not sure if I can emphasize how much of a miracle that is for exhausted middle school teachers, especially on a Monday night!) and the wonderful gift certificate. You guys are all wonderful. By the way, I had to post a blog about this because the topic of this site came up so now I know everyone is going to check to make sure I mentioned it!!

I had another check-up today and I am pleased to report that all is well. I got back the results of my gestational diabetes test and I am in the clear. I was a little worried about this as both my father and my maternal grandmother have diabetes, but everything checked out. My doctor measured my fundus (I love how that sounds kind of kinky) and instead of it progressing it's usual 3 or 4cm, it had extended 8cm since last month, which was quite a stretch. I have been walking lots and eating quite healthy, so to quote my doctor, "that is one big baby in there". Great, too bad I didn't have a big, loose you know what to go with that.

Wednesday is my first pre-natal class and I am sure I will absolutely hate most of the people in my class, so I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

The Dean's said...

We still talk about some of the people in our prenatal class! Oh, and we keep running into some of them as they turn up at the hospital, baby events and daycare (funny how that works).

The Osbornes said...

I love this blog! Looking forward to prenatal class post!