Sunday, June 3, 2007

Baby Bling

Well, just when I thought the stroller and the playpen were taking up a lot of room in the house, I have come to the realization that this was just the tip of the iceberg for baby paraphernalia.

Last night, my lovely friends came to my house to celebrate the anticipated arrival of our baby in August. Yes, I had my first baby shower. And yes, it is just as awkward opening up baby gifts in front of a crowd as it was bridal shower gifts and wedding gifts. But like all of the above, it is pretty darn nice and thoughtful of the people you care for to do this for you. I have spent all afternoon admiring the presents and trying to find a spot for everything. This whole baby thing became a lot more real after last night. A big thank-you to all who attended and a hug and kiss to Kristi and Suzanne for organizing the whole thing. I truly enjoyed the evening, especially once I realized we were indeed NOT going to play charades or do any other kind of improv acting. I have always found it strange that for someone who likes to show off as much as I do that acting out a word reduces me to nervous shambles.

Anyway, I am pretty tired out today, Iain is at my uncle's house pretending to be a carpenter and I think I should enjoy one of my last few lazy Sunday afternoons to myself - I hear they are going to be few and far between in the future!

Thanks again to everyone - I have been smiling and cooing over soft baby things all day!!

1 comment:

Jules said...

well, i've just read the blog from start to finish or finish to start I should say and I think you might go down in history for having the funniest blog posts yet.
I will be an avid reader and do hope you start posting pictures too!
Jules