Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Potty Time

Nathaniel has been tricking us for the last month or so by giving us some indication that he may want to be potty trained sometime in the foreseeable future. Since we are soon to have 2 babes in diapers, we are okay with that. He has been telling us when he is pooping for the last few weeks and likes to sit on the potty but we have never been able to coordinate the two with a favourable result.

As I was getting out of the shower yesterday (not a pretty picture, I know), he started screeching, "Poop!! Potty!!" so I ripped his diaper off and set him on the potty which lasted all of 3 seconds. Then I took the seat off and set it on the toilet which he thought was a much better idea. He sat there for over 20 minutes as he read the Globe and Mail (he seriously stared at the sports section for about 5 minutes) and we read stories together and looked at the flyer for Kubota tractors with great detail. This time, he actually peed! I was quite thrilled and am hoping for a repeat performance.

2 comments:

Julia Hemsley said...

This picture needs to be put in the bathroom for viewing pleasure. How funny is he!! I had fun catching up on all the stuff going one...he is getting so big..and his new room looks fantastic!! I just marked you down on the calendar so I can remember to send up good thoughts your way! Your blankee should be arriving anytime...as long as they haven't stolen it at the border.

Unknown said...

hee hee....what a great picture....I am sure this is another one that he will be oh so joyed when you hall it out to show his girlfriend or fiance later on in life:) Congrats with his/your success on the potty!