Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fishing


Kris and I went fishing at Big Hole Brook (next to the Irvings famed salmon camp) in Doaktown. The sea trout were running - here is our catch. The two big ones are sea trout and as much as I would like to say that I caught those, I have to give the credit to Kris. Kris hooked one that made these two look like sardines but it escaped about 2 feet away from the bank. Kris actually screamed like a girl (I am not joking) and then never shut up about the one that got away for the rest of the day. Funny how little brothers never actually stop being annoying...

The two smaller ones are brook trout and I caught the second one down from the top (Karson and I named him Pete). As puny as Pete looks, he is 8 inces long which isn't bad for a brook trout. I also caught some chub and a sucker (which are huge and tres disgusto-instead of lips they have a big sucker tube). I had a great time and as much as I wanted to land a sea trout, I was happy hooking anything plus I had an excuse to smoke some Colts (to keep the flies away fo course).

On the way home, we saw something I have never seen before-seven moose all in one spot. There were four cows and 3 calves in a swamp. It was pretty spectacular.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: